Market Research Project Manager - Harrisonburg, VA
Rosetta Stone is seeking a Market Research Project Manager to work with the company's Market Research Team on various projects, including: product usability tests, website usability tests, test of advertising effectiveness, consumer surveys, analysis of web data and other hands-on research tasks.
Rosetta Stone, creator of the award-winning language-learning software, continues to experience over a decade of uninterrupted growth; Inc. Magazine lists Rosetta Stone among the fastest-growing companies in the United States. An industry leader based in Arlington, Va., Rosetta Stone has offices in Harrisonburg, Va., Boulder, Colo., London, Munich, Tokyo, and Seoul, and over 100 retail locations in North America. Rosetta Stone brings together innovative professionals from across the globe to deliver the best technology-based solutions for learning languages.
We're looking for a responsible team player who can adapt smoothly to the fast-paced, results-driven Rosetta Stone culture. We will consider recent college graduates with strong academic records.
This person will report to the Senior Manager of Qualitative Research. They will work closely with other members of the team and also work closely with the Labs Department and internal stakeholders.
WHY YOU'D WANT THIS JOB:
• It's a dynamic role that works closely with the development of new products, testing product prototypes and in a very fast-paced environment.
• This position will interact with many different types of people within the organization and have their hands in many types of projects. They will hold meetings, plan objectives, execute the research, and work closely with the labs teams.
• For market research, we use cutting-edge technology. This is primarily based in our Rosslyn office, but there will also be a mini-lab in the Harrisonburg office. One very innovative tool we use is eye tracking software.
• This team offers extensive training for employees. For example, several members have been trained on facial coding, focus group moderating, etc...
• In this role, one would be performing market research on very innovative and global products.
• There would also be an opportunity to get involved with other types of research.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
• BS/BA in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Market Research or related field
• Experience managing the logistics (e.g., recruitment, scheduling, etc.) of live subject studies
• Experience running live subject experiments
• Excellent interviewing skills
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills
• knowledge of SPSS, Excel, MS Office
NICE TO HAVES:
• Interest in foreign languages and language-learning pedagogy
• Knowledge of Web 2.0 functions and user metrics
• Experience working with various scientific research instruments (e.g., eye-tracking equipment, facial coding software, etc.)
• Knowledge of tools and methods for text-mining
• MS or graduate level work in behavioral/cognitive psychology
• Fluent in one other language besides English (Spanish, German, Japanese or Korean, preferably)
• Business background
If interested please contact:
Logan Hickman I Talent Acquisition Partner
p: (571) 357.7124
c: (703) 402.1849
f: (540) 301.2862