The campus spreads out along Lake Mendota, encompassing wooded hills, friendly shores and lively city streets of Madison, Wisconsin.
Madison—Wisconsin’s capital city with a population of 208,000—offers the perfect combination of natural beauty, stimulating cultural offerings, outdoor recreation, distinctive restaurants, unique shops and vibrant nightlife.
The city tops many “best” lists, including:
* Best Cities, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, 2009
* Best College Sports Town, Sports Illustrated on Campus, 2003
* Best Small City to Live, Men’s Journal, 2004
* No. 2, Best Places to Educate Your Child, Forbes, 2007
* Nation’s Smartest City, bizjournals, 2008
* America’s Best Adventure Towns, National Geographic 2009
The university’s location in south central Wisconsin makes for convenient access to Milwaukee (80 miles), Chicago (150 miles) and Minneapolis (270 miles). Daily buses serve all three cities.
General Madison LinksCity of Madison homepage
Madison News Links
The Badger Herald - Student newspaper
The Daily Cardinal - Student newspaper
The Isthmus - Madison's weekly newspaper
Madison Newspapers - Madison's daily newspapers